The BTS Siam Station is a change over or interchange station for the BTS Skytrain in the Pathum Wan district of Bangkok. This is the largest and also the busiest station on the BTS skytrain system as it crosses over between the Sukhumvit Line and Silom Line.
There are many well known stores around this station such as the Siam Paragon and Siam Center shopping malls and also across the road from Siam Square and it is also connected to the Central World Plaza. It is very congested during peak as passengers change over between the lines. this station is between the BTS Ratchathewi station and the BTS Chit Lom station.
Siam is the heart of everything hip in Bangkok. If you are into shopping then Siam offers everything from high-end shopping malls to local street food markets. With world-class malls and megamalls Siam is the epicenter of Bangkok shopping and tourism.
Hotels near the BTS:
- Novotel Bangkok On Siam Square Hotel – Well known high end hotel in Bangkok
- Kempinski Residences Siam – High-end apartment complex for long stays in Thailand
- Pathumwan Princess Hotel – Very good location and price while in Bangkok
- Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok Hotel – One of the best hotels in Bangkok
- Grand Diamond Suites Hotel – Excellent hotel with great location
- Grand Watergate Hotel – Everyone knows the Watergate hotel for price and style
- Patumwan House – Good mid range hotel for regulars to Bangkok
Where to Eat:
- Hard Rock Café – looking for Tex Mex, steaks and burgers with music to match then the live performances at the hard Rock is where you want to be.
- Siam Boat Noodles – looking for something new and not just noodles then this store will give noodles in Thailand a new twist with Thai salads.
- Som Tam Nua – no need to go to Issan for som tam and North East dishes from Thailand. This shop has the taste of Issan for you in Siam.
What to see:
- Siam Ocean World – one of the best attractions for children and those young at heart is the oceanarium in the heart of Bangkok.
- Siam Paragon – The second largest shopping mall in Thailand with plenty of high-end stores
- Madame Tussauds Museum – wax figures of some of the world’s most famous people all in the heart of Bangkok.