The BTS Krung Thonburi station is a BTS skytrain station located on the Silom Line in the Khlong San District of Bangkok. This BTS station is located on the Krung Thon Buri Road. The area is a low key area with residences and small mom and pop shops and smaller office towers compared to the rest of Bangkok. The station is the first station which crosses the Chao Phraya River and meets with the BTS Saphan Taksin Station on the other side.
BTS Krung Thonburi Station
BTS Krung Thonburi Station serves as a convenient transportation hub for exploring the area. One popular restaurant in the vicinity is Mala Charoen Nakhon, which offers a Chinese-style BBQ experience in a lovely atmosphere. Patrons enjoy the good food at reasonable prices and appreciate the opportunity to take their spice tolerance to new levels. Thong Far is another restaurant worth mentioning, known for its small and simple setup but excellent staff and service. The fantastic tasting quality Thai dishes make it a favorite among frequent visitors. Dishes like Pad Thai and mango are highly recommended.
Aim House Bangkok Hotel, located close to shops and restaurants, offers a comfortable stay in a modern building with a partial glass facade. The hotel is just a 5-minute walk from Krung Thonburi Skytrain station and 6 km from Wat Trai Mit, where the celebrated Golden Buddha is housed. The warmly decorated rooms are simple yet cozy, providing amenities such as free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, minifridges, and tea/coffee making facilities. Suites are available for those seeking extra space and convenience, featuring sitting areas and kitchenettes. The hotel also offers a garden and a meeting room for guests’ convenience.
Overall, BTS Krung Thonburi Station and its surroundings provide a range of dining options and accommodation choices. Mala Charoen Nakhon and Thong Far offer unique dining experiences with their delicious food and excellent service. Aim House Bangkok Hotel provides a comfortable and convenient stay for travelers, with its proximity to shops and restaurants and its welcoming atmosphere.
If you take a short taxi ride then from the station then you will have access to many high-end hotels located a short ride away or use the BTS system to find an even larger selection of restaurants and hotels in the area. This is a very laid back part of Bangkok without the rat race feeling to it. Lastly also see the Wat Yannawa as well as the Khlong Lot Market close to the BTS system.
Hotels near BTS:
- Saphaipae Hotel – very good hostel in the Bangkok area.
- Ibis Bangkok Riverside – One of best riverside hotels in Thailand
- Pas Cher Hotel De Bangkok – excellent hotel in Bangkok with a good reputation
- Bangkok Hub Hostel – well known hostel with a good location
- Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok – top rated hotel in Asia as well as in Thailand
- Centre Point Silom – good location close to the riverside
- King Royal Garden Inn – another excellent hotel in Thailand
What to do at Krung Thonburi:
- Wat Thong Noppakun – this is one of the best riverside temples featuring interesting designs
- Wat Thong Pleong – this is another temple in Bangkok depicting the life and lessons of Buddha.
Dining & Restaurants:
- Mei Jiang @The Peninsula Bangkok – where you will find the best dim sum lunches on the BTS lines.
- Flow @Millennium Hilton Hotel – another live jazz and wine buffet (Sun only) and Thai performances with dinner (Thurs only)
- Princess Terrace Pub & Restaurant – for an all-in-one pub and karaoke. Loads of fun on the riverside