If you are going to visit the well-known Thailand Cultural Center then take a motorcycle taxi from the station. The MRT Thailand Cultural Center in Bangkok is located between the MRT Huai Khwang Station and the MRT Phra Ram 9 Station in Bangkok. The station is also close to the Chinese Embassy in Thailand if you need to go and get a visa. There are a number of hotels and restaurants in the area.
MRT Thailand Cultural Center
MRT Thailand Cultural Center is a convenient station that provides access to various attractions, hotels, restaurants, and malls. One such hotel is the Prom Ratchada Hotel, located in the bustling Ratchada area known for its nightlife and shopping. The hotel is a 21-minute walk from Siam Niramit performing arts theater, an 18-minute walk from Ratchada Rot Fai Night Market, and a 15-minute walk from Thailand Cultural Centre metro station. The laid-back rooms offer free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, minifridges, and tea/coffeemaking facilities. For added comfort, suites feature separate sitting areas, bathtubs, microwaves, and kitchenettes. The hotel provides an outdoor pool with sun loungers, a spa, a gym, and two meeting rooms. Guests can enjoy breakfast in the simple dining room.
Another option near MRT Thailand Cultural Center is the Amanta Hotel & Residence Ratchada, a modern all-suite hotel situated just a 3-minute walk from the metro station. Located in a residential and commercial area, the hotel is 8 km away from the lively Pratunam Market. The contemporary 1- and 2-bedroom suites feature kitchenettes, washer/dryers, balconies, separate living and dining areas, Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, and DVD players. The glass-enclosed restaurant serves international cuisine and offers open-air dining. The hotel also provides an outdoor pool, a fitness center, a steam room, and options for breakfast and parking.
For dining options, Train Night Market Ratchada is a recommended spot. Guests can enjoy drinks, seafood like crabs, and a variety of street food. Dishes like BBQ slab of ribs and pork spine are highly praised. The market offers shopping, eating, drinking, and live music, creating a vibrant atmosphere.
As for malls, Robinson Department Store Rama 9 is worth a visit. The staff is knowledgeable and efficient, providing quick service. Visitors can enjoy good discount prices and polite and helpful sales staff. The basement houses Tops Supermarket and a small food court, offering a convenient dining option.
One of the tourist areas near MRT Thailand Cultural Center is the Thailand Cultural Centre itself. It is a great performing arts venue with beautiful architecture. The Royal Bangkok Symphony Orchestra often performs here, and they are highly regarded. Attending a concert at the Thailand Cultural Centre is highly recommended, as the music is excellent and the ticket prices are very affordable.
In addition the MRT Thailand Cultural Center provides access to various hotels, including Prom Ratchada Hotel and Amanta Hotel & Residence Ratchada. Train Night Market Ratchada offers a lively dining experience, while Robinson Department Store Rama 9 is a recommended mall. Lastly, the Thailand Cultural Centre is a must-visit for its performing arts and cultural events. Likewise see also the Jim Thompson House not to far away by taxi.
Hotels near the MRT Thailand Cultural Center:
- City Lodge Sukhumvit 9 Hotel – good hotel in Bangkok and very popular with regulars.
- Ambassador Hotel Bangkok – great location and also well known in Bangkok.
- Adelphi Suites Hotel – the hotel is one of the best hotels in Bangkok and popular.
- Grand Millennium Sukhumvit Hotel – new hotel and 5 stars with good location.
- Sacha’s Hotel Uno – good budget hotel in Bangkok with an excellent location.
- The Westin Grande Sukhumvit Hotel – well known 5 star hotel in Bangkok.
Dining & Restaurants:
- Nakorn Kara – with live bands and karaoke rooms with makes for a good place to relax. They serve good food and the decor is Indo and Thai style.
- Wasabi – an excellent Japanese restaurant on the 3rd floor of the Esplanade Ratchada.
- Orchard – this well known Singaporean restaurant serves everything from Chicken Rice to Laksa Lemak. Also loacted in the Esplanade.
- Esplanade – this shopping mall has more than 120 retails shops and many other upscale restaurants and entertainment venues such as the Esplanade Cineplex, Muangthai Ratchadalai Theatre and the Music Plaza.
- Big C Extra: A hypermarket formerly known as Carrefour. It is the largest supermarket in this area, offering every daily use products featured with various service centers and restaurants. Located on Ratchadaphisek Road, about 100 meters away from MRT exit 4, open everyday from 9.00 AM – 11.00 PM. – See more at: http://www.bangkokmrt.com/thailand-cultural-center.html#sthash.4W86I4yd.dpuf
- Big C Extra – this is a well known hypermarket which is also the largest supermarket in the area.
- Robinson – this well-known upscale department store is also in the area with all brand name items you would normally buy at home.
- Cyber World Market – this night market is new in the area and offers a wide variety of products on the cheap.
What to do:
- Siam Niramit – a truly world-class theater which offers the visitors the best arts and culture Thailand has to offer. There are also elephant rides, traditional Thai massage and tradition Thai dance and music.
- Thailand Cultural Centre – a Thai cultural center with huge indoor auditoriums which is used to promote the performing arts and Thai art and culture.
- Sote Club – another popular nightclub in Soi 4 catering mainly to teenagers and locals in the area.