The BTS Saphan Taksin Station is a BTS skytrain station, on the Silom Line in the Bang Rak and Sathon District of Bangkok. The BTS station is located at the entry ramp of the Taksin Bridge, below Sathon Road just east of the Chao Phraya River.
BTS Saphan Taksin Station
This is the only BTS station which is connected to the pier for getting to the Chao Phraya Express Boat service. If you are going on a river tour then this station is where you get off for the river tours. Note the map of the BTS Saphan Taksin Station.
BTS Saphan Taksin Station serves as a convenient transportation hub for exploring the area. Ailati Resto is a small cozy restaurant known for its great menu, awesome service, and friendly staff. Patrons appreciate the fantastic food and reasonable prices, as well as the good selection of Italian wines available at reasonable prices. Another popular dining spot is Volti Tuscan Grill & Bar, which offers expertly cooked pasta and a delicious Ribeye. However, some customers may hold off visiting until improvements are made to the food quality and service. Despite being a high-end establishment, the prices remain reasonable.
For accommodations, Novotel Bangkok Silom Road offers rooms with views, although some guests mention the need for improvement in bathroom cleanliness and maintenance. The hotel’s location near the city center, with shopping, restaurants, and bars nearby, makes it a convenient choice. The friendly and professional staff is appreciated by guests. Similarly, Pas Cher Hotel provides a convenient location with shopping, restaurants, and bars nearby, as well as easy access to public transit. The friendly staff, particularly the reception staff, receives positive feedback.
Novotel Bangkok Silom Road is an upscale hotel situated an 8-minute walk from a ferry stop along the Chao Phraya River. The contemporary rooms feature modern amenities, and guests can enjoy free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, safes, minibars, and tea/coffee makers. The hotel offers a bright restaurant, two bars, a fitness center, a sauna, and an outdoor pool, ensuring a pleasant stay. Centre Point Hotel Silom, located an 11-minute walk from Surasak Skytrain station, provides upscale apartment-style accommodations with convenient amenities such as kitchenettes with washer/dryers. The hotel features a cafe, an outdoor saltwater pool, a sauna, and a gym.
Shangri-La Bangkok is an upscale hotel set along the Chao Phraya River, offering beautiful views. The rooms are elegantly furnished, and guests can enjoy various dining options, including an upmarket Italian restaurant, lobby and riverside bars, and a buffet-style eatery on a riverboat. The hotel boasts tennis courts, two outdoor pools, a fitness center, and a spa. The Grand Sathorn, located in the Central Business District, provides functional rooms and suites with complimentary Wi-Fi and convenient amenities. The hotel features an international restaurant, a gym, and a rooftop pool.
Pubs & Bars
In the area, The Long Bar is a popular choice among bar-goers, offering ample seating and tables. However, some patrons find the prices slightly high and the food somewhat bland. On the other hand, Revolucion Cocktail is known for its great cocktails, fun vibe, and good music. Guests enjoy the fire over the counter show and appreciate the nice and friendly staff. ICONSIAM is a prominent mall where visitors can experience Thai street food in a luxurious setting. The mall offers a variety of restaurants, including Korean, Japanese, Thai, and Italian cuisines.
Likewise the BTS Saphan Taksin Station provides convenient access to various attractions and establishments. In addition Ailati Resto and Volti Tuscan Grill & Bar offer delightful dining experiences. Novotel Bangkok Silom Road and Centre Point Hotel Silom provide comfortable accommodations with their respective advantages. Shangri-La Bangkok and The Grand Sathorn offer upscale options for a luxurious stay. The Long Bar and Revolucion Cocktail are popular choices for those seeking a vibrant nightlife experience. Lastly, ICONSIAM caters to shopping and culinary needs in a luxurious setting.
There are many good restaurants in the area as well as hotels and hostel type accommodation. We have listed some of the places below if you will be exploring Thonburi or the Bang Rak and Sathon District areas on your tour of Thailand. One of the most foreigner friendly Amphur’s in Thailand to register your marriage in Thailand is the Amphur in the Bang Rak district.
Hotels near BTS system:
- Saphaipae Hotel – very good hostel in the Bangkok area.
- Ibis Bangkok Riverside – One of best riverside hotels in Thailand
- Pas Cher Hotel De Bangkok – excellent hotel in Bangkok with a good reputation
- Bangkok Hub Hostel – well known hostel with a good location
- Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok – top rated hotel in Asia as well as in Thailand
- Centre Point Silom – good location close to the riverside
- King Royal Garden Inn – another excellent hotel in Thailand
What to do at Saphan Taksin:
- Wat Yannawa – this is also known as the Boat Temple as it is built in the shape of a Chinese junker.
- Assumption Cathedral – this is the main Roman Catholic cathedral in Thailand.
- Haroon Mosque – this is one of the oldest mosques in the city of Bangkok
- Historic Quarters – there are many old and histrorical areas in the district.
Dining & Restaurants:
- Le Normandie @Mandarin Oriental Hotel – hands down one of Bangkok’s best French restaurants.
- Sirocco and Sky Bar @LeBua – nothing beats having a dining experience in Thailand with the best views to match while eating.
- Tongue Thai – if you want mouth watering Thai-Chinese seafood then this is it.
Shopping in the Saphan Taksin area:
- Antique shops – the are loads of stores near the Oriental Hotel area
- OP Place – if you are into Asian handicrafts and antiques then this is a good place to start
- Hong Factory – for some of the largest ranges of export quality silver jewellery
- River City Complex – for high quality antiques from around Thailand and Asia