The BTS Surasak station is a BTS skytrain station located on the Silom Line in Bang Rak and Sathon District in Bangkok. The station is located on Sathon Road and the area is the location for many brand name companies in Thailand. There are also a number of embassies and diplomatic missions in Thailand. Likewise the British Embassy in Thailand and other which are located in the area. The area is also home to such places and the Bangkok Christian College, Saint Louis Church and Double A Book Tower.
BTS Surasak Station
BTS Surasak Station serves as a convenient transportation hub for exploring the area. Baan Somtum is a highly recommended restaurant known for its fast service, cozy atmosphere, and top-rated, reasonably priced food. Moreover, Blue Elephant Cooking School offers a great selection of quality Thai food, served by friendly staff, although some patrons find it slightly overpriced. Another popular dining spot is Baan Chiang Restaurant, which provides a small but cozy setting for delicious Thai cuisine at reasonable rates.
For accommodations, Pas Cher Hotel offers rooms with some room for improvement in terms of beds and size. However, guests appreciate the friendly staff and the hotel’s convenient location, with shopping, restaurants, and bars nearby, as well as easy access to public transit. Similarly, Mode Sathon Hotel Bangkok provides large rooms with views, though some guests mention the need for improved maintenance. Its location near public transit and the city center makes it a convenient choice for travelers. The hotel’s pool is a highlight, and guests generally speak highly of the reception staff.
In the vicinity, Luka Cafe is a popular pub with a chilled vibe and great food, despite slightly smaller portions. The friendly staff, good coffee, and nice ambiance contribute to a pleasant experience. Moreover, Saint Louis Catholic Church is well-regarded for its English services and beautiful decorations with fresh flowers. Its perfect location within walking distance of BTS Surasak adds to its appeal.
To conclude, BTS Surasak Station serves as a convenient starting point for exploring the area. Baan Somtum, Blue Elephant Cooking School, and Baan Chiang Restaurant offer delightful dining experiences. Pas Cher Hotel and Mode Sathon Hotel Bangkok provide accommodations with their respective advantages. Luka Cafe caters to a pleasant pub experience, and Saint Louis Catholic Church offers a serene atmosphere for worship.
There are also many low-key neighborhoods in the area so you have many serviced apartments in Bangkok located in this area. As for tourism there is the Blue Elephant restaurant, Sri Mariamman Hindu Temple and also the well known Kathmandu Photo Gallery in Bangkok.
Hotels near BTS:
- Littlest Guesthouse – well located guesthouse at a reasonable price
- The Heritage Baan – excellent hotel with great staff
- Pas Cher Hotel De Bangkok – well known hotel with a good location in Bangkok
- King Royal Garden Inn – excellent Bangkok hotel with great pricing
- Saphaipae Hostel – very good hostel with a good location. Well known by backpackers
What to do at Surasak:
- Sri Mariamman Hindu Temple – is a place of worship for many of or from the Bangkok and Thai Indian community.
- Kathmandu Photo Gallery – is a photo gallery with many temporary exhibitions by both Thai and at times many foreign photographers
Dining & Restaurants:
- Opus Wine Bar – with some of the best Italian wine and eating experience located in a two-storey villa
- Blue Elephant – nothing beats ‘Royal Thai Cuisine’ while in Bangkok. You can also learn how to cook.
- Taling Pling – offers both classic and specialty Thai dishes and desserts.