The MRT Silom Station is in the heart of the city of Bangkok. It is a very busy station and has some of the best hotels and restaurants in Bangkok. If you are looking for high-end shopping then the stores around the Silom MRT is where you will want to be. Note that the station before this si the MRT Lumphini Station and the next subway station is the MRT San Yan Station which does not have much to offer compared to the Silom and Lumphini areas.
MRT Silom Station
Silom MRT Station, located between Rama IV Road and Si Lom Road in the Bangkok CBD, offers easy access to tourist attractions such as Lumpini Park, Miratown, and Silom Rd. One significant advantage is the ability to pay for your metro trip with a card, eliminating the need for a ticket.
Pula Silom, a relaxed contemporary hotel, is conveniently situated just a 4-minute walk from a Skytrain station. It is surrounded by shops and restaurants, with Lumphini Park just a 12-minute walk away and the Sea Life Bangkok Ocean World aquarium 2 km away. The hotel features streamlined rooms, some without windows, equipped with Wi-Fi access, flat-screen TVs, and minifridges. Upgraded rooms offer contemporary wall prints and windows with city views. Guests can enjoy the lobby lounge and the courtyard with comfortable seating.
Crowne Plaza Bangkok, a modern hotel set on a bustling street, is just a minute’s walk from a metro station. It is also within a 6-minute walk from the famous Patpong red-light district and 3 km from Pratunam Market. The airy, upscale rooms provide free Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs. Upgraded rooms feature 102-cm flat-screens, and some offer club room access with breakfast and cocktails. Suites include separate living rooms, and room service is available. The hotel offers free parking and amenities such as an international bar/restaurant, a terrace eatery, a Cantonese restaurant with a modern bar boasting city views, sports facilities, a rooftop pool, a 24-hour gym, and a business center.
The Inn Sala Daeng, a relaxed hotel located just a 3-minute walk from the nearest MRT station, is situated above a burger restaurant. It is also a short distance from the Patpong red-light district and 3 km from Pratunam Market. The vibrant, contemporary rooms feature complimentary Wi-Fi, satellite TV, minifridges, and safes. The hotel’s colorful lobby lounge offers 24-hour hot drinks, and breakfast is available.
Shenanigans is a pub offering a great choice of draft beers, good service, and traditional English Pub food. One satisfied customer mentioned, “I ordered the rice with cashew chicken and veg spring roll.” Although the live music may be a bit loud, the drinks are reasonably priced, making it a popular spot for tourists.
Balcony Pub Bar is known for its good food, nicely priced drinks, and usually great atmosphere at night. It provides a great place for people-watching and soaking up the vibe. If cocktails are not your thing, you can enjoy a variety of beers and wines.
O’Malley’s Irish Pub is a popular establishment offering great food, a wide selection of beer, and reasonable prices, accompanied by exceptional service. One reviewer mentioned, “Nice-sized portions in their Thai set lunches and a small soda for B139.” The drinks are well-prepared, although they may be slightly more expensive compared to other establishments in Bangkok.
Aubergine Garden Restaurant is a comfortable place to enjoy good food with friends and family. In addition it is a nice French restaurant that offers high-quality dishes. The service is attentive, ensuring a pleasant dining experience.
Toby’s at Sala Daeng is a restaurant where some customers wished they would offer discounts or deals to returning customers. Likewise while the quality of food is nice, it is perceived as overpriced, and some guests have found the coffee to taste bad. However, the staff is friendly, and the egg pumpkin dish is highly recommended for its delicious taste.
Red Oven is a restaurant that requires reservations. Likewise it offers tasty food and excellent service in an ambient and excellent atmosphere. While the buffet includes complimentary lobster, it’s worth noting that coffee is not included. In addition customers appreciate the friendly staff and the delicious food served at this restaurant.
Silom Complex is a food market where you can buy anything from nuts, Tom Yum, dried fish, or nuts. Additionally and conveniently located near the BTS station, it offers a good selection of brands. The complex features a nice food court offering a wide range of culinary options in a cozy environment.
Trinity Mall is a small community mall known for its good street food stands. Likewise it provides a decent selection of restaurants and a vibrant nightlife scene. Additionally visitors can enjoy browsing the stores, which offer high-end merchandise at reasonable prices, all within a comfortable and air-conditioned environment.
All Seasons Place is a small shopping mall located inside an office building complex. In addition weekdays, the market next to it serves wonderful local street foods at good prices. Likewise it offers a lively atmosphere in the office area, along with the shopping arcade.
Silom Edge is a good place to get coffee after an early morning walk in the park. In addition the underground area features a small food court, although seating may be limited. One of the standout food stalls downstairs sells pork hock and rice, which comes highly recommended.
Life Center is a small center featuring numerous restaurants and food kiosks, along with ATM services. Likewise it provides the best service and hospitality in a great location, making it an ideal place for shopping and dining with family and friends.
Lumphini Park is a great place for jogging, exercise, and small family weekend gatherings. In addition the food and service available in the park are quite good, with highlights including the delicious beef and bread dishes. Additionally, the park offers lean pork leg rice, which guarantees both affordability and delectability.
Snake Farm (Queen Saovabha Memorial Institute) is a well-maintained facility with friendly staff. Likewise It offers a cool and informative experience suitable for the whole family. In addition guests can enjoy an English-speaking host who provides a great learning experience.
The King Rama VI Monument serves as a gathering place for running or meeting with large groups of friends and family. In addition it holds significant historical value and is conveniently located within Lumpini Park. Likewise the monument is clean, well-maintained, and easily visible from the BTS station.
The are many nightclubs and pubs int he area and this station is also the cross over station for the BTS skytrain system. The joined elevated train station is the BTS Sala Daeng Station which connects to the rest fo the skytrain network. If you are looking for the Patpong Night market and the Patpong entertainment area then this is where you will need to get off. See the listing below for more entertainment options.
Hotels near the MRT system:
- City Lodge Sukhumvit 9 Hotel – good hotel in Bangkok and very popular with regulars.
- Ambassador Hotel Bangkok – great location and also well known in Bangkok.
- Adelphi Suites Hotel – the hotel is one of the best hotels in Bangkok and popular.
- Grand Millennium Sukhumvit Hotel – new hotel and 5 stars with good location.
- Sacha’s Hotel Uno – good budget hotel in Bangkok with an excellent location.
- The Westin Grande Sukhumvit Hotel – well known 5 star hotel in Bangkok.
Dining & Restaurants:
- The Square – located in the Novotel Fenix Hotel this resturant offers buffet dining at a reasonable price with a wide selection of imported beef and seafoods.
- Sushikoo – this really hi-end Japanese restaurant serves fresh sushi and sashimi and other dishes in buffet or off the menu. Located in Soi Thaniya it is a very short walk for good Japanese food.
- Treecreepper – one of the better boutique resturants in the area serving excellent cuisines. Located in Soi Sala Dang.
Shopping & Walking around:
- Lumphini Park – this is a huge park of 142 acres in the heart of Bangkok. Many sit here on weekends to relax and to watch the world go by. The park is on the corner of Rama 4.
- Statue of King Rama VI – the statue was erected in 1942 to commemorate His Majesty The King Rama IV, who initiated the idea of creating Lumphini Parkin Bangkok. The statue has been located in front of Lumphini Park.
- Patpong Night Market – this is a good market but the prices are set high so you can bargain to the real price. There is a large selection of goods but this can be everything from DVD’s to other handmade Thai goods both original and copies. It is best to go after 7 at night when the market wakes up.
- Robinson – this is a large department store which tends to sell the high-end items in Thailand. Its reputation is built on this market. The store is right next to the MRT exit 2 .
- Silom Complex – the shopping mall has many large chain stores inside including Tops supermarket and other restaurants and clothing stores.