MRT Phaholyothin Station. The Phaholyothin area has nothing much to offer the tourist. Most tourists flock to Chatuchak Market and get off at the MRT Chatuchak Station or the BTS Mo Chit Station one station further up the line. The MRT Phaholyothin Station is located close to large malls in the area. These include the Central Plaza Lad Phrao and the Union Mall which stock mainly brand name items.
MRT Phaholyothin Station
Located conveniently next to an MRT station and across from Union Mall, The Quarter Ladprao is a polished hotel offering a comfortable stay. The bustling shops and fast food restaurants nearby provide guests with plenty of options for entertainment and dining. Additionally, being only 1 km away from Vachirabenjatas Park, guests can enjoy a relaxing stroll in nature. The friendly staff at The Quarter Ladprao are highly appreciated by guests, ensuring a pleasant and welcoming atmosphere throughout their stay.
For visitors seeking accommodation in a commercial area, Bed to Bangkok is a hip hostel that offers a great experience. Situated an 11-minute walk from Mo Chit Skytrain station and Chatuchak Park, and just 1 km from Chatuchak Weekend Market. Likewise the hostel provides easy access to popular attractions. Guests can explore the vibrant city and immerse themselves in the local culture. With its trendy and comfortable ambiance, Bed to Bangkok is an ideal choice for travelers looking for a unique and enjoyable stay.
When it comes to pubs, Ninetails Bar & Booster is a notable establishment. Although the cocktail menu may be limited, it is an awesome place for those who enjoy drinking beer in large quantities. The affordability of the drinks, combined with the unique ambiance featuring Chinese-style decor, creates a memorable experience. Moreover, the stylish Asian decoration, accompanied by tasty food and live music, adds to the overall enjoyment and entertainment.
Another popular pub is Budda Bar, known for its quick and attentive service, delicious food, and pleasant atmosphere. Guests can expect their orders, such as beef salad, deep-fried pork belly, and margaritas, to be prepared with care and served promptly. The chill vibe of the place, combined with friendly staff, creates a welcoming environment for visitors to relax and unwind.
Restaurants & Shopping
For a satisfying dining experience, Eat Am Are – Union Mall Branch is a restaurant worth visiting. With good food, reasonable prices, and excellent service, guests can indulge in a variety of dishes. The combo set, which includes two choices of steaks, is a popular option among diners. The wide variety of dishes available ensures that there is something to suit every palate, making it a great value for a meal.
When it comes to shopping, Union Mall stands out as a contemporary mall with a unique design. With popular stores and eateries spread across multiple floors, visitors can find everything they need under one roof. Whether it’s fashion, electronics, or dining options, Union Mall offers a convenient and enjoyable shopping experience.
Metro Mall (Phahonyothin) is a newly launched art space situated at MRT Phahon Yothin Station. This meeting zone serves as a gathering place for various art activities. Visitors can expect a calendar filled with different activities each month, providing opportunities to immerse themselves in the local art scene. Although the mall may not have a wide range of shops, it does feature a convenience store and coffee shop, ensuring guests have access to basic amenities during their visit.
Finally the Phaholyothin Station and its surrounding areas offer a range of options for travelers. Likewise The Quarter Ladprao and Bed to Bangkok provide comfortable and trendy accommodation choices. In addition the Ninetails Bar & Booster and Budda Bar offer enjoyable pub experiences, while Eat Am Are – Union Mall Branch serves delicious meals. Union Mall and Metro Mall (Phahonyothin) cater to the shopping needs of visitors, with Union Mall offering a wide selection of stores and eateries, and Metro Mall serving as an art space for creative exploration.
You will note that this is not a tourist area as there is not much to see or to entertain while in the area. If you are living at one of the hotels near the MRT in the area. Then you might want to stock-up on items for taking back to your hotel at the Tesco Lotus Supercenter in the area. Other landmarks are the St John’s University and the Princess Mother Garden and the Museum of Contemporary Art in the area. Other places of interest on the BTS line is the Ardel’s Third Place Gallery as well as the Meevasana Wine & Art.
Hotels near the MRT system:
- G9 Bangkok Hotel – well known budget hotel near the MRT station
- Baan Chatuchak – good hotel for those who wish to stay in Thailand on a budget
- Ziniza Place Hotel – location is a bit far from the MRT but good value for money
- Mansion Sarasinee – located close to the weekend market and well known by locals
- Coral Grand Place Bangkok – good hotel for the price being charged
Dining & Restaurants:
- Lanta Pizza – an excellent pizza shop in the are with a wide variety of pizzeria. If the normal delivery pizza is not to your taste then try them. They open up at noon and close at 10 at night.
- Aroi Nae Non – well known restaurant in the area with an excellent range of food and on the budget.
- Chiang Hai – looking for Lanna-styled food from Northern Thailand then they offer a wide range of noodles, Thai dishes and desserts. They open at 11 and close at 10 at night.
Shopping at Phahol Yothin:
- Central Plaza Lat Phrao – this Plaza is the oldest department store in the area and sells many brand name items. Its also a popular place for students from the St John’s University close by.
- Union Mall – a large mall in the area with hundreds of shops selling apparel and fashion accessories. Not a cheap place but reasonable in its prices.
- Tesco Lotus Supercenter – they popup everywhere offering everything from televisions to food.
In addition also see other business around the MRT Kampaengphet area.