The MRT Kampaengphet subway station is located between the MRT Bang Sue Station and the MRT Chatuchak Park Station in Bangkok. The subway system for this station is very busy as many locals and foreigners come to the huge outdoor markets at the station. The market is well known in Thailand and abroad as having everything from tropical fish to brick and brack home items.
MRT Kamphaeng Phet Station serves as a gateway to various attractions and establishments in the area. One notable hotel nearby is Best Western Chatuchak, located in a laid-back area that boasts the sprawling Chatuchak weekend market, the leafy Rod Fai Park, and the vibrant Or Tor Kor street food. The hotel’s location provides guests with easy access to these popular destinations, allowing them to immerse themselves in the local culture and culinary delights.
Another accommodation option near MRT Kamphaeng Phet Station is Aora Hotel Chatuchak. Situated within a short walking distance from various eateries, this streamlined hostel offers a modern industrial vibe. It is conveniently located just a minute’s walk from the Saphan Khwai Skytrain station and a short distance from the JJ Green Night Market. The hostel features minimalist mixed-gender dorms with complimentary Wi-Fi and bunk beds, as well as private rooms with en suite bathrooms. Additional amenities include a comfortable lounge, a welcoming terrace, and a communal kitchenette.
When it comes to dining options, Toh-Plue is a restaurant worth mentioning. While the food may be considered satisfactory, with dishes such as pineapple fried rice, fish cakes, and tom yam kung soup, the restaurant tends to get crowded. However, the efficient staff ensures that the food is served quickly. Toh-Plue offers an ideal setting to immerse oneself in the vibrant market atmosphere, providing an enjoyable dining experience.
For those seeking a place to unwind, Brio Bistro & Bar is a notable pub in the area. The establishment offers a wide range of beverage options, including beer, cocktails, wine, coffee, and finger food. Whether one prefers a refreshing drink or a satisfying snack, Brio Bistro & Bar caters to various tastes. The great service, food, drink, and music contribute to a relaxing and enjoyable atmosphere.
Visiting the local markets is a must-do experience, and the Chatuchak Weekend Market is a prime example. This bustling market offers an extensive selection of souvenirs, decorations, clothing, shoes, accessories, as well as food and drinks. The market provides a diverse range of products at good prices, attracting a variety of people from different cultures. With numerous stalls to explore, visitors can easily spend an entire day immersing themselves in the vibrant atmosphere.
Another market worth mentioning is the Or Tor Kor Market, known for its abundance of fresh fruits, vegetables, meats, seafood, and cooked foods. The market offers a wide selection of high-quality products, and visitors have plenty of room to walk around and explore. One can find a great variety of choices, with highlights including duck noodles and pork leg dishes. The Or Tor Kor Market is a treasure trove for food enthusiasts and those seeking fresh and flavorful ingredients. In addition see also the Jatuchak Plaza on here.
DD Mall is considered one of the most interesting places to find street food in Bangkok. The mall offers a wide variety of mouth-watering culinary delights. Moreover, it provides a cool ambiance with lots to see, and the staff are friendly and helpful, ensuring a pleasant shopping experience. Like many other malls, DD Mall offers a good choice of shops, and parking is convenient for visitors.
Similarly, JJ Mall is a great destination for purchasing gifts and Thai artifacts at affordable prices. It features both mainstream options like Pizza Company and a wide array of independently owned shops, allowing visitors to explore unique and locally made products. The food court offers a diverse range of options, and there are also sit-down restaurants available for a more relaxed dining experience.
Bang Sue Junction Shopping Center is an excellent place to shop for traditional wooden furniture. The mall provides ample parking space, making it convenient for shoppers. Furthermore, the prices are reasonable, allowing customers to find quality items without breaking the bank. Additionally, the shopping center offers an outdoor space where vintage items can be found, creating a unique and charming shopping atmosphere.
Likewise the MRT Kamphaeng Phet Station provides access to a range of accommodations. Additionally including the Best Western Chatuchak and Aora Hotel Chatuchak, offering convenient proximity to popular attractions. Dining options like Toh-Plue and Brio Bistro & Bar cater to various tastes, providing satisfying meals and drinks.
Exploring the vibrant markets, such as Chatuchak Weekend Market and Or Tor Kor Market, offers a unique shopping and culinary experience. Whether it’s indulging in local cuisine, browsing for souvenirs, or simply enjoying the lively atmosphere, MRT Kamphaeng Phet Station and its surrounding area have much to offer.
Hotels near the MRT system:
- G9 Bangkok Hotel – well known budget hotel near the MRT station
- Baan Chatuchak – good hotel for those who wish to stay in Thailand on a budget
- Ziniza Place Hotel – location is a bit far from the MRT but good value for money
- Mansion Sarasinee – located close to the weekend market and well known by locals
- Coral Grand Place Bangkok – good hotel for the price being charged
Dining & Restaurants:
- Ko Koa Hut – this small sweets store sells some of the best cocoa and chocolate sweets in the area. Located on the ground floor of the JJ Mall.
- Or Tor Kor Seafood – this well known restaurant near the JJ Mall serves a variety of seafood dishes and curries. Nothing better than a good meal while at the market.
- Khanomthai Kaopeenong – this 30 year old store has a reputation for serving some of the best Thai deserts at the market all on the cheap.
- Tea Tae Tium – Excellent Hainanese chicken rice at a reasonable price at this restaurant.
- Grilled Chicken Salad – (สุดใจไก่ย่าง ส้มตำ อ.ต.ก.) Very popular restaurant in the area with great food.
- Sanan Seafood – Good seafood restaurant if you have been out on the market the whole day.
- Café DoiTung – The best coffee on sale at the top end of JJ market.
- Cafeé Kaldi – Very popular coffee shop on the 1st floor in JJ Mall.
Shopping at Kampaengphet:
- Or Tor Kor Market – this market is also known as the Marketing Organization for Farmers Market. This is an upscale food market with loads of food and restaurants opposite the Chatuchak Market.
- JJ Mall – much smaller than the Chatuchak Market but it has air-con but the range of products is smaller as the stands cost more monthly. There are a number of services and products on offer. From fashion to spa and salon stores.
- Rot Fai Park Night Market – this is a night market selling everything from cars to food and furniture. This only opens on weekends from 6 in the evening until midnight.
- Beer Park – Popular bar with excellent restaurant and live music.
- Viva Bar – Located close to JJ market with live bands and great music.
- MixZer – Well-known bar in the area with great food, live music and outside seating.
- Red Bar – Great live music, good food and well located close to the station.
- Buckingham – What you would call a boutique bar in Thailand with a live band.
- Clay Court – (ลานดิน) Well-known whiskey bar in the area with great decor.