The BTS Thong Lo station is another well known BTS skytrain station, on the Sukhumvit Line in the Watthana and Khlong Toei District of Bangkok. The Thong Lo BTS station is located on Sukhumvit Road at Sukhumvit Soi 55.The station is located between the BTS Phrom Phong Station and the BTS Ekkamai Station. See more information on the BTS Thong Lo Station in Thailand.
BTS Thong Lo Station
Thonglor being Sukhumvit Soi 55 is the playground and meeting spot for Bangkok’s young, urban and hip types. The area is well known for having some of the best Thai nightclubs, boutique malls as well as trendy restaurants and upmarket bars. Thong Lo wakes up when the sun sets. The Thai high-so crowd descends on Thonglor for a fun and intoxicating night out. Note the map to the BTS Thong Lo Station.
If you want the experience the nightlife of middle class Bangkok then this area has more upmarket clubs and pubs than where the tourists go. Thong Lo wakes up at 10 at night!
Hotels near BTS:
- City Lodge Sukhumvit 19 Hotel – good reputation and well located in Bangkok.
- 41 Suite Bangkok Hotel – very good hotel even on a budget while in Thailand.
- Adelphi Suites Hotel – excellent hotel with a great location in Bangkok. A hotel you will not regret.
- Somerset Sukhumvit Thonglor – Well known hotel with an excellent reputation.
- Centre Point Sukhumvit – very good hotel with great staff and location all within budget.
- Wellness Residence – good hotel if you are looking for something in a lower price.
- Rainforest Guest House – great for backpackers while in Thailand. good location and price.
- Sawasdee Sukhumvit Inn Hotel – Well known budget hotel chain in Thailand.
What to do at Thong Lo:
- Meevasana Wine & Art Gallery – if you are into art and good wine then the best imported wines.
- Ardel’s Third Place Gallery – looking for contemporary art in Thailand then this will satisfy you.
- Blu-O (Bowling) – bowling alleys are your thing then this will not get any better than this.
- Bangkok Planetarium – for the person who loves Space and looking at the galaxy while in Thailand.
- Arena 10 – not well know to foreigners but a good place to spend your time watching local football.
Shopping at Thong Lo:
- Rain Hill Mall – a very interesting mall with an somewhat eco-friendly layout
- Fifty Fifth Plaza Mall – into shopping then you better come early as it is very popular in Thong Lo
- K Village Mall – wide selection of restaurants and stores at the mall.
- J Avenue – outdoor living at its best with a great mixtures of restaurants and stores.
- Emporium – well known high end mall not far from the station Phrom Phong
Dining & Restaurants at Thong Lo:
- Soi 38 Street Food – a true collection of Thai food dished out from hawker stalls
- Phuket Town – slice of Phuket’s in the heart of Bangkok with it tasty southern food
- Nara – a reasonable price tasty Thai meal while on the go.
- Mae Varee – this is one of the best places to get sticky rice in the area
Bars & Pubs at Thong Lo:
- The Iron Fairies – an excellent Jazz bar and restaurant where magic happens.
- Octave Rooftop Bar – One of the best rooftop bars in Bangkok.
Nightclubs at Thong Lo:
- Funky Villa — One of the most popular nightclubs in Thong Lor
- Demo — If you are looking for Electro, Hiphop and band music then this is it.
- Muse — Food on the roof is excellent with great music.
- Nunglen & Escobar — One of the best nightclubs in Thong Lor.