The BTS Ekkamai station is a BTS skytrain station on the well known Sukhumvit Line in the Watthana and Khlong Toei District of Bangkok. The station is located on Sukhumvit Road at Soi Ekkamai or Sukhumvit Soi 63 right next-to the large and very busy Eastern Bus Terminal which takes travelers to the eastern provinces of Thailand.
BTS Ekkamai Station
Early morning traffic in this location is very difficult as many of the long distance buses return to Bangkok with passengers and taxis block the roads early in the morning picking up their passengers at the bus terminal. The BTS Ekkamai Station is between the BTS Thong Lo Station and the BTS Phra Khanong Station in Bangkok Thailand. If you are looking for some of the most trendy pubs in Thailand then Ekkamai would be the place to start. See also the BTS On Nut Station as well as the Ekkamai Bus Station.
The BTS Ekamai Station still has many mom and pop stores and it is outside of the fast moving high-tech world with shopping. Many trendy pubs and new restaurants have started appearing.
Hotels near BTS:
- – City Lodge Sukhumvit 9 Hotel – Well known hotel in Bangkok.
- – Ambassador Hotel Bangkok – Good reputation but comes with a price tag.
- – Adelphi Suites Hotel – One of the most highly praised hotel in Bangkok
- – Sacha’s Hotel Uno – Good small unique hotel in the middle of the action
- – Nantra Ekamai Hotel – Good hotel with good service and price
- – Sawasdee Sukhumvit Inn Hotel – Budget hotel with a reputation in the business
- – Jasmine Resort Hotel – Very good location and excellent service. next to the BTS system.
Dining & Restaurants:
- Tuba – if you are looking for Italian while in Ekkamai then this is it.
- UCC Oriental – Thai style coffee as creamy as you can get.
- The Coffee Club – Good coffee with an excellent egg benedict.
- Bishamon – looking for a full range of Japanese fish. This is where you will find it.
Shopping & Entertainment at Ekkamai:
- Major Sukhumvit – yet another large entertainment mall with the usual lineup of toys and gadgets.
- Gateway Ekkamai – whatever comes into your imagination. This is where you will find it.
- Ekkamai Bus Station – getting around Eastern Thailand by bus has never been this cheap.
Attractions and Activities:
- Bangkok Planetarium – for an educational tour of the planets and stars while in Ekkamai
- 42 Tee Off Driving Range – good food and a good golf driving range in Ekkamai
- HealthLand – for invigorating Thai massage or soothing aroma therapy treatment
- Sub Zero Ice Skate Club – Ice skating close to the cinema