The Saphan Khwai skytrain station is another BTS skytrain station also located on the Sukhumvit Line in the Phaya Thai District of Bangkok. The train station is located on the Phahon Yothin road near Saphan Khwai intersection. There area a number of large well known businesses in the area such as the Big C superstore and the Paolo Memorial Hospital.
Note that the BTS Saphan Khwai is between the BTS Mo Chit station and the BTS Ari station. The area is a bit more lively than the others around it. There are loads of sidewalk restaurants a many shops selling all kinds of trinkets, books and Thai traditional costumes.
Hotels near the BTS:
- Lullaby Hotel – Well known hotel in Bangkok with a good location
- BP Place – Great location and price in the area
- Nice Palace Hotel – Good hotel with a good price range in Bangkok
- Mystic Place BKK Hotel – Mid-range hotel with excellent staff
- Mansion Sarasinee – Well known by regulars to Thailand
- Sena Place – Good price and location at this hotel
Attractions and Activities:
- Philatelic Museum – visit this museum as it has Thai and Western stamps dating back to 1881.
- Poon Tao Gong Shrine – the Chinese opera starts early evening and should not be missed.
Dining & Restaurants:
- Dee Det (Soi Phaholyothin 11) – for some of the best beef chunks and broth in Bangkok
- Mongkol Wattana (near Paolo Hospital) – try their exotic dishes such as Hainanese chicken rice
- Sanan Seafood – for some of the best Thai-Chinese seafood style in Thailand
- Big C Supercenter – the local Thai super store chain that sells it all.
- Street shopping – like many of the stalls in Thailand there is always a bargain to be found at these shop-houses along Phaholyothin Road. Many also serve local beers and local food on the cheap. something that should also not be missed if it is your first time in Thailand.
- Beer Park – Well-known bar and restaurant with great live music.