The MRT Phra Ram 9 Station has no tourist attractions and is home to mainly low-key properties and buildings housing some of Thailands largest SME’s. The area is mainly a business area and if you want tourist attractions then you should look at getting off at the MRT Thailand Cultural Center or at the MRT Chatuchuck Station where more than a million tourists go each year.
MRT Phra Ram 9 Station
The only building in this area which stands out is the large Fortune Tower building next to the station and nothing more than that. There are a small number of low-key restaurants in the area but nothing to write home about.
We have listed some of these down below in the event you do get off at this station and are looking for a quick place to have a bite. There is a large IT city and the Chinese Embassy in Thailand is about 400 meters away from the station.
Hotels near the MRT Phra Ram 9 Station:
- City Lodge Sukhumvit 9 Hotel – good hotel in Bangkok and very popular with regulars.
- Ambassador Hotel Bangkok – great location and also well known in Bangkok.
- Adelphi Suites Hotel – the hotel is one of the best hotels in Bangkok and popular.
- Grand Millennium Sukhumvit Hotel – new hotel and 5 stars with good location.
- Sacha’s Hotel Uno – good budget hotel in Bangkok with an excellent location.
- City Lodge Sukhumvit 19 Hotel – budget hotel with a regular stream of customers.
- The Westin Grande Sukhumvit Hotel – well known 5 star hotel in Bangkok.
- Wellness Residence – very good reputation and well known in Thailand.
Dining & Restaurants:
- OK Betong – the now famous OK Betong restaurant serves delicious Hainanese Chicken Rice and other dishes at low cost.
- Agehan – this Japanese restaurant serves buffet menus like fresh sushi and sashimi. Located in Grande Mercure Fortune Hotel.
- World Restaurant One Ratchada – this is a luxury restaurant serving international buffets with a wide selection of European-Thai-Chinese-Japanese foods and beverages. Also located in the Fortune Hotel.
- Sote Nightclub – great nightclub close to the MRT and well known
- Fortune Town – this small mall offers 5 floors of IT stores, equipment and computer and other electronic hardware. Many sell in bulk so their tends to be foreigners around looking to export goods back home.
- Central Grand Plaza Rama IX – looking for a large shopping plaza then this one will have everything you need from brand name products to locally produced goods.