MRT Queen Sirikit Station. The MRT Queen Sirikit National Convention Center Station is located on the Ratchadaphisek Road which runs all the way down to the MRT Lad Phroa Station. The Queen Sirikit Station is known to be a very busy business area.
MRT Queen Sirikit Station
The Convention Center is surrounded by The Stock Exchange of Thailand and National Convention Center. There are not many tourist activities in this area. The station before this is the MRT Sukhumvit Station and the next station is the MRT Khlong Toei Station. See below for small restaurants and hotels which are in close proximity to the BTS as the better hotels are closer to the Sukhumvit area of Bangkok.
Hotels near the MRT Queen Sirikit Station:
- City Lodge Sukhumvit 9 Hotel – good hotel in Bangkok and very popular with regulars.
- Ambassador Hotel Bangkok – great location and also well known in Bangkok.
- Adelphi Suites Hotel – the hotel is one of the best hotels in Bangkok and popular.
- Grand Millennium Sukhumvit Hotel – new hotel and 5 stars with good location.
- Sacha’s Hotel Uno – good budget hotel in Bangkok with an excellent location.
- The Westin Grande Sukhumvit Hotel – well known 5 star hotel in Bangkok.
Dining & Restaurants:
- Retro Life Cafe – a very good international restaurant with a wide selection of food and deserts in a well priced buffet. Located next to the next to the Convention Center.
- Lake and Park – a well known restaurant serving good cocktails and food right next to the Tobacco Monopoly Lake.
Shopping & Walking around:
- Queen Sirikit National Convention Center – this was the first convention center built in Thailand and it is very high-tech. Its a good mixture of Thai and Western architecture. There are more than 1,000 pieces of Thai art and decorating the insides.
- Maruey Knowledge and Resource Center – this is a library of The Stock Exchange of Thailand consisting of a wide selection of books and information about investing and the occasional seminar for those interested in investing.
- Benjakiti Park – one of the best artificial lakes in Bangkok and only 200m away from the MRT. The park makes for a relaxing day in the area if you have been to the convention center.