MRT Queen Sirikit Station. The MRT Queen Sirikit National Convention Center Station is located on the Ratchadaphisek Road which runs all the way down to the MRT Lad Phrao Station. The Queen Sirikit Station is known to be a very busy business area.
MRT Queen Sirikit Station
The Convention Center is surrounded by The Stock Exchange of Thailand and National Convention Center. There are not many tourist activities in this area. The station before this is the MRT Sukhumvit Station and the next station is the MRT Khlong Toei Station. See below for small restaurants and hotels which are in close proximity to the BTS as the better hotels are closer to the Sukhumvit area of Bangkok.
MRT Queen Sirikit Station provides convenient access to various hotels and attractions. One notable hotel is Modena by Fraser Bangkok, which is linked to the Queen Sirikit National Convention Centre by an underground walkway. This modern and upscale hotel boasts a glass facade and faces a subway station, offering easy transportation options. It is also located 5 km from Lumpini Park. The relaxed rooms feature free Wi-Fi, 48-inch flat-screen TVs, minifridges, and tea/coffee making facilities. Studios with floor-to-ceiling windows provide additional living/dining areas, kitchens equipped with a Nespresso machine, and balconies. Guests can enjoy a complimentary local shuttle in the morning. The hotel offers an informal all-day restaurant serving international dishes, a trendy lobby bar, a 24-hour gym, and a steam room. Moreover, guests have direct access to the convention center.
Another hotel near MRT Queen Sirikit Station is Ibis Bangkok Sukhumvit 24. Guests appreciate the clean and updated rooms, although some mentioned their small size. The comfortable beds are well-liked, although a few guests noted that the rooms could be quieter. Some guests mentioned the small bathrooms and suggested improvements in terms of cleanliness.
The hotel enjoys a favorable location near the city center, with shopping, sightseeing, restaurants, and bars in close proximity. It is also conveniently located near public transit and the train station, making it easily accessible by car with available parking. The friendly and professional staff are appreciated by guests, although some mentioned that the management could be improved.
Sukhumvit Park, Bangkok is a lively district known for its attractions such as Khlong Toei Market, chic dining options along Sukhumvit Road, and the leafy Benjakitti Park.
When it comes to dining, El Mercado is a recommended restaurant. It offers a good selection of cold cuts, cheese, oysters, wines, and imported beers. Guests appreciate the sheer quality and choice of food and wine available. The restaurant showcases an abundance of cheese and a wide variety of meats, albeit at slightly higher Thai prices.
Shibuya Shabu is another dining option where guests can enjoy awesome Japanese all-you-can-eat foods. The restaurant offers two price options, $799 and $899. However, some guests find the place small and hot, and the food quality not as impressive compared to the price. Nevertheless, the shabu dishes are delicious, accompanied by a good selection of meats, vegetables, and dipping sauces.
On-Yasai is a delightful restaurant that offers unlimited vegetables and good-quality beef and pork in generous portions. Guests appreciate the nice ambience and friendly service. The restaurant is not overly crowded, making it an ideal choice for families or groups of friends looking for a pleasant dining experience.
For those interested in exploring markets, Khlong Toei Market is highly recommended. It offers a good selection of fruit, vegetables, meat, and fish at affordable prices. Visitors can find an abundance of fresh produce, including vegetables, meats, seafood, and more, all available at local prices. It is considered the best and cheapest place to buy vegetables, making it a haven for vegan individuals.
El Mercado is also worth mentioning as it not only provides a good selection of cold cuts, cheese, oysters, wines, and imported beers but is also praised for the quality and variety of food and wine available. The market offers a wide range of cheese and an extensive variety of meats, albeit at slightly higher Thai prices. Likewise also see the BTS National Stadium Station on here.
Likewise the MRT Queen Sirikit Station offers access to excellent hotels such as Modena by Fraser Bangkok and Ibis Bangkok Sukhumvit 24, ensuring a comfortable stay with various amenities. Visitors can indulge in a diverse range of dining options, including El Mercado, Shibuya Shabu, and On-Yasai, catering to different preferences. Exploring the vibrant district is a must, with attractions like Khlong Toei Market showcasing the best of local produce. In addition also see the Queen Sirikit Park as well as the Queen Sirikit Museum of Textiles. There is also the MRT Silom Station and the MRT Chatuchak Station.
Hotels near the MRT system:
- City Lodge Sukhumvit 9 Hotel – good hotel in Bangkok and very popular with regulars.
- Ambassador Hotel Bangkok – great location and also well known in Bangkok.
- Adelphi Suites Hotel – the hotel is one of the best hotels in Bangkok and popular.
- Grand Millennium Sukhumvit Hotel – new hotel and 5 stars with good location.
- Sacha’s Hotel Uno – good budget hotel in Bangkok with an excellent location.
- The Westin Grande Sukhumvit Hotel – well known 5 star hotel in Bangkok.
Dining & Restaurants:
- Retro Life Cafe – a very good international restaurant with a wide selection of food and deserts in a well priced buffet. Located next to the next to the Convention Center.
- Lake and Park – a well known restaurant serving good cocktails and food right next to the Tobacco Monopoly Lake.
Shopping & Walking around:
- Queen Sirikit National Convention Center – this was the first convention center built in Thailand and it is very high-tech. Its a good mixture of Thai and Western architecture. There are more than 1,000 pieces of Thai art and decorating the insides.
- Maruey Knowledge and Resource Center – this is a library of The Stock Exchange of Thailand consisting of a wide selection of books and information about investing and the occasional seminar for those interested in investing.
- Benjakiti Park – one of the best artificial lakes in Bangkok and only 200m away from the MRT. The park makes for a relaxing day in the area if you have been to the convention center.