The BTS Victory Monument station is a BTS skytrain station on the well known Sukhumvit Line in the Ratchathewi District of Bangkok. The train station is located on the Phaya Thai Road to the south of the Victory Monument. This is a well known traffic intersection in Bangkok. The station is located between the BTS Sanam Pao station and the BTS Ratchathewi station.
The Victory Monument are is a very busy commercial area just north of Central Bangkok and is seen as the center of affordable fashion with its markets as well as having a well known nightlife with Jazz pubs and more after-dark. The area is also the main hub for the public bus services and minivans in Bangkok.
If you want to be where some of the best Jazz clubs are in Thailand then the Victory Monument Station area is where you would want to live. See the many clubs around the area. There are also many new trendy restaurants around the Victory Monument area and the place really comes alive at night.
Hotels near the BTS:
- Novotel Bangkok On Siam Square Hotel – Well known high end hotel in Bangkok
- Kempinski Residences Siam – High-end apartment complex for long stays in Thailand
- Pathumwan Princess Hotel – Very good location and price while in Bangkok
- Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok Hotel – One of the best hotels in Bangkok
- Grand Diamond Suites Hotel – Excellent hotel with great location
- Grand Watergate Hotel – Everyone knows the Watergate hotel for price and style
- Patumwan House – Good mid range hotel for regulars to Bangkok
- Kingpower Duty Free – the biggest and best for tax-free brand name goods and more.
- Victory Point – something not to be missed is the open-air night market.
- Century the Movie Plaza – well known complex with 8 cinema screens and restaurants.
Dining & Restaurants:
- Saxophone – the well-known jazz bar at victory monument with good food and live jazz bands.
- Tak Sura – for some of the best tasty Thai dishes and reasonably priced beers in an outdoor garden
- Café de Norasingh – great place for coffee and pastas. They also serve salads in a Phyathai Palace.
Attractions and Activities:
- Victory Monument – another well known landmark being built to remember Thailand’s victory.
- Phya Thai Palace – this is the Royal residences of Kings Rama V and VI in Bangkok
- Santiphap Park – this is a small scenic park built to commemorate the end of World War II
- Bangkok Doll Museum – this is a must if you are into antique dolls and ancient doll-making