The BTS Ratchathewi station is a BTS skytrain station on the Sukhumvit Line in the Ratchathewi District of Bangkok. The station is located on Phaya Thai Road and is located between the BTS Siam Station and the BTS Phaya Thai Station in Bangkok. There are a number of hotels around the station and many low cost restaurants.
The Ratchathewi BTS Station is not far from the Pratunam market – the epicentre of wholesale cheap clothing in Thailand and where you will find many foreign wholesale buyers everyday. If you are looking for the odd then the Calypso Cabaret or ladyboy show should be a good way to end you day while having been on the market the whole day.
The BTS Ratchathewi Station is well known in Bangkok as many foreigners use this station to get to the wholesale markets in Bangkok. You can take a tuk tuk from the station or a taxi in order to get to these markets.
Hotels near the BTS:
- Siam Journey Guesthouse – Very good guest house in Bangkok with reasonable pricing
- Siam Swana Hotel – Good hotel for regulars to Thailand
- Asia Hotel Bangkok – Well known hotel with a good location in Bangkok
- In a Box Hostel – Budget hostel with a good price and well known to backpackers
- Florida Hotel Bangkok – Good location and price at this hotel
- Grand Watergate Hotel – Well known hotel in Bangkok with a great location
- Century Park Hotel – Well known and well managed hotel in Thailand
Attractions and Activities:
- Calypso Cabaret – need to see something extravagant at night then the ladyboy show is what will entertain you in the area.
Dining & Restaurants:
- Dinner and Bar hopping at Coco Walk – on a budget and wanting a good meal then the Coco Walk is where you want to be eating on the cheap.
- Street-side stalls– there is simply loads of street stalls selling food at the market Thai-style to both locals and foreigners all on the cheap.
- Pantip Plaza – wall to wall with Thai stores selling everything electronic retail and wholesale
- Platinum Fashion Mall – buying wholesale clothing then this is the place to be in Bangkok
- Pratunam Market – well known as the wholesalers paradise this place is jammed most days with stalls
- The station also connects to the Saen Saeb Canal Boat system