The Saphan Taksin station is a BTS skytrain station, on the Silom Line in the Bang Rak and Sathon District of Bangkok. The BTS station is located at the entry ramp of the Taksin Bridge, below Sathon Road just east of the Chao Phraya River. This is the only BTS station which is connected to the pier for getting to the Chao Phraya Express Boat service. If you are going on a river tour then this station is where you get off for the river tours.
There are many good restaurants in the area as well as hotels and hostel type accommodation. We have listed some of the places below if you will be exploring Thonburi or the Bang Rak and Sathon District areas on your tour of Thailand. One of the most foreigner friendly Aumphur’s in Thailand to register your marriage in Thailand is the Amphur in the Bang Rak district.
Hotels near BTS:
- Saphaipae Hotel – very good hostel in the Bangkok area.
- Ibis Bangkok Riverside – One of best riverside hotels in Thailand
- Pas Cher Hotel De Bangkok – excellent hotel in Bangkok with a good reputation
- Bangkok Hub Hostel – well known hostel with a good location
- Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok – top rated hotel in Asia as well as in Thailand
- Centre Point Silom – good location close to the riverside
- King Royal Garden Inn – another excellent hotel in Thailand
What to do at Saphan Taksin:
- Wat Yannawa – this is also known as the Boat Temple as it is built in the shape of a Chinese junker.
- Assumption Cathedral – this is the main Roman Catholic cathedral in Thailand.
- Haroon Mosque – this is one of the oldest mosques in the city of Bangkok
- Historic Quarters – there are many old and histrorical areas in the district.
Dining & Restaurants:
- Le Normandie @Mandarin Oriental Hotel – hands down one of Bangkok’s best French restaurants.
- Sirocco and Sky Bar @LeBua – nothing beats having a dining experience in Thailand with the best views to match while eating.
- Tongue Thai – if you want mouth watering Thai-Chinese seafood then this is it.
Shopping in the Saphan Taksin area:
- Antique shops – the are loads of stores near the Oriental Hotel area
- OP Place – if you are into Asian handicrafts and antiques then this is a good place to start
- Hong Factory – for some of the largest ranges of export quality silver jewellery
- River City Complex – for high quality antiques from around Thailand and Asia