The MRT Sukhumvit Station in Bangkok is a major interchange between the MRT Subway System and the BTS skytrain system. See the station is very busy as many commuters travel through this interchange in the morning.
MRT Sukhumvit Station
The skytrain station is the BTS Asok Station and there are many hotels and the nightlife district in this area. This is one of the main tourist attractions in this area. If you are touring the MRT system then the station before this is the MRT Phetchaburi Station and after this is the MRT Queen Sirikit Station.
This area around the MRT Sukhumvit has always been very popular with both expats and tourists alike. This is at the heart of the nightlife district in Thailand. There are also many international businesses and high-end condo units and services apartments in the Sukhumvit area. There are also a number of Thai law firms in the area.
Hotels near the MRT Sukhumvit Station:
- City Lodge Sukhumvit 9 Hotel – well known and popular hotel with regular tourists
- Ambassador Hotel Bangkok – great location close to the MRT and BTS in Bangkok
- Adelphi Suites Hotel – one of the best hotels in central Bangkok and good pricing
- Grand Millennium Sukhumvit Hotel – up-market hotel with an excellent reputation
- Sacha’s Hotel Uno – good hotel for those who like smaller hotels with good staff
- The Westin Grande Sukhumvit Hotel – high tech and modern with good staff and location
- Wellness Residence – well known hotel with expats and tourists
- City Lodge Sukhumvit 19 Hotel – all busy and always full. Great location and pricing
Dining & Restaurants:
- Something Sweet Bakery Cafe – this well-known bakery franchise serves some of the most delicious cakes and coffee in the area. Located on the 2nd floor in the Interchange Building.
- Hou Yuu – this modern Japanese restaurant serves great Japanese food and is located in the GMM Grammy Place Plaza.
- Kuppa – a very trendy café offering a wide selection of sandwiches and Thai food
- Long Table – nothing beats having your meal while looking at the sweeping views of the Asok skyline
- Frienz – well priced Japanese cuisine best for Asoke at lunch time.
Shopping & Walking around:
- Ethan Allen – buying funiture both classic and contemporary for your new home then this is it.
- Sense of World Taste – nothing beats a great selection of wine and imported beers and meat.
- Nandakwang – authentic Lanna homespun Thai cotton from Northern Thailand tribes.
- Soi Cowboy – one of Bangkok best nightlife areas such as Soi Cowboy late.
- The Siam Society – a non-profit to promote knowledge of Thailand and its neighboring countries.
- Metro Mall – with more than 20 stores the Metro Mall was opened first by the MRT.
- Terminal 21 – a themed shopping mall on Sukhumvit Road with many lifestyle products on offer.