The MRT Silom Station is in the heart of the city of Bangkok. It is a very busy station and has some of the best hotels and restaurants in Bangkok. If you are looking for high-end shopping then the stores around the Silom MRT is where you will want to be. Note that the station before this si the MRT Lumphini Station and the next subway station is the MRT San Yan Station which does not have much to offer compared to the Silom and Lumphini areas.
The are many nighclubs and pubs int he area and this station is also the cross over station for the BTS skytrain system. The joined elevated train station is the BTS Sala Daeng Station which connects to the rest fo the skytrain network. If you are looking for the Patpong Night market and the Patpong entertainment area then this is where you will need to get off. See the listing below for more entertainment options.
Hotels near the MRT:
- City Lodge Sukhumvit 9 Hotel – good hotel in Bangkok and very popular with regulars.
- Ambassador Hotel Bangkok – great location and also well known in Bangkok.
- Adelphi Suites Hotel – the hotel is one of the best hotels in Bangkok and popular.
- Grand Millennium Sukhumvit Hotel – new hotel and 5 stars with good location.
- Sacha’s Hotel Uno – good budget hotel in Bangkok with an excellent location.
- City Lodge Sukhumvit 19 Hotel – budget hotel with a regular stream of customers.
- The Westin Grande Sukhumvit Hotel – well known 5 star hotel in Bangkok.
- Wellness Residence – very good reputation and well known in Thailand.
Dining & Restaurants:
- The Square – located in the Novotel Fenix Hotel this resturant offers buffet dining at a reasonable price with a wide selection of imported beef and seafoods.
- Sushikoo – this really hi-end Japanese restaurant serves fresh sushi and sashimi and other dishes in buffet or off the menu. Located in Soi Thaniya it is a very short walk for good Japanese food.
- Treecreepper – one of the better boutique resturants in the area serving excellent cuisines. Located in Soi Sala Dang.
Shopping & Walking around:
- Lumphini Park – this is a huge park of 142 acres in the heart of Bangkok. Many sit here on weekends to relax and to watch the world go by. The park is on the corner of Rama 4.
- Statue of King Rama VI – the statue was erected in 1942 to commemorate His Majesty The King Rama IV, who initiated the idea of creating Lumphini Parkin Bangkok. The statue has been located in front of Lumphini Park.
- Patpong Night Market – this is a good market but the prices are set high so you can bargain to the real price. There is a large selection of goods but this can be everything from DVD’s to other handmade Thai goods both original and copies. It is best to go after 7 at night when the market wakes up.
- Robinson – this is a large department store which tends to sell the high-end items in Thailand. Its reputation is built on this market. The store is right next to the MRT exit 2 .
- Silom Complex – the shopping mall has many large chain stores inside including Tops supermarket and other resturants and clothing stores.