The BTS Wongwian Yai Station is another BTS skytrain station also located on the Silom Line in Khlong San District in Bangkok. This BTS station is located on Krung Thon Buri Road close to Wongwian Yai where the statue of King Taksin is located. The area has many residences and small mom and pop stores around the station and at the intersection by the station. There are larger markets and hotels a short distance away. There is a very lively food market near the station.
Hotels near BTS:
- Saphaipae Hotel – very good hostel in the Bangkok area.
- Ibis Bangkok Riverside – One of best riverside hotels in Thailand
- Pas Cher Hotel De Bangkok – excellent hotel in Bangkok with a good reputation
- Bangkok Hub Hostel – well known hostel with a good location
- Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok – top rated hotel in Asia as well as in Thailand
- Centre Point Silom – good location close to the riverside
- King Royal Garden Inn – another excellent hotel in Thailand
What to do at Wongwian Yai:
- King Taksin the Great Monument – this is a large landmark on the Thonburi side of the river.
- Wongwian Yai Market – some of the largest variety of fresh fruit and vegetables with loads of cheap lunch meals around.
- Robinson Department Store – a well-known chain department store in Thailand with a wide range of affordable goods and also a food court.
- Royal Jubilee Gate – One of the best known monuments in the area and popular with tourists.
Dining & Restaurants:
- There are loads of restaurants around the King Taksin monument and also on the Charoenrad road South of the station.