The MRT Lumphini Station is a very busy station and it is the subway station after the MRT Khlong Toei Station and the MRT Silom Station in Bangkok. There are a number of embassies in the area and many high-rise buildings. The are is well known with Silom as being the CBD of Bangkok. There are also a number of high-end hotels and apartments in the area. As for restaurants you will be spoilt for choice at this stations area as we have listed some of them below.
MRT Lumphini Station
Shopping in the area died down after when the Suan Lum Night Bazaar was shut down. Since then shopping has been very limited in the area overall at night. You might want to explore other MRT stations on the subway line for more good deals while in Bangkok.
Hotels near the MRT Lumphini Station:
- City Lodge Sukhumvit 9 Hotel – good hotel in Bangkok and very popular with regulars.
- Ambassador Hotel Bangkok – great location and also well known in Bangkok.
- Adelphi Suites Hotel – the hotel is one of the best hotels in Bangkok and popular.
- Grand Millennium Sukhumvit Hotel – new hotel and 5 stars with good location.
- Sacha’s Hotel Uno – good budget hotel in Bangkok with an excellent location.
- City Lodge Sukhumvit 19 Hotel – budget hotel with a regular stream of customers.
- The Westin Grande Sukhumvit Hotel – well known 5 star hotel in Bangkok.
- Wellness Residence – very good reputation and well known in Thailand.
Dining & Restaurants:
- Pandanus Bar Bistro – for great decor and food this must be the perfect combination. Serving both Thai and Italian foods at a very reasonable price.
- Inaho – another well liked Japanese restaurant offering a la cart and buffet menus from sushi and sashimi to tempura with beer. Located in the City Street Building.
- North East Thai Esan – a very modern restaurant serving mainly Thai and Isaan foods at a very reasonable price.
Shopping & Walking around:
- Lumpini Boxing Stadium – well known indoor Thai Boxing stadium that has been around for years.