The BTS Krung Thonburi station is a BTS skytrain station located on the Silom Line in the Khlong San District of Bangkok. This BTS station is located on the Krung Thon Buri Road. The area is a low key area with residences and small mom and pop shops and smaller office towers compared to the rest of Bangkok. The station is the first station which crosses the Chao Phraya River and meets with the BTS Saphan Taksin Station on the other side.
If you take a short taxi ride then from the station then you will have access to many high-end hotels located a short ride away or use the BTS system to find an even larger selection of restaurants and hotels in the area. This is a very laid back part of Bangkok without the rat race feeling to it.
Hotels near BTS:
- Saphaipae Hotel – very good hostel in the Bangkok area.
- Ibis Bangkok Riverside – One of best riverside hotels in Thailand
- Pas Cher Hotel De Bangkok – excellent hotel in Bangkok with a good reputation
- Bangkok Hub Hostel – well known hostel with a good location
- Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok – top rated hotel in Asia as well as in Thailand
- Centre Point Silom – good location close to the riverside
- King Royal Garden Inn – another excellent hotel in Thailand
What to do at Krung Thonburi:
- Wat Thong Noppakun – this is one of the best riverside temples featuring interesting designs
- Wat Thong Pleong – this is another temple in Bangkok depicting the life and lessons of Buddha.
Dining & Restaurants:
- Mei Jiang @The Peninsula Bangkok – where you will find the best dim sum lunches on the BTS lines.
- Flow @Millennium Hilton Hotel – another live jazz and wine buffet (Sun only) and Thai performances with dinner (Thurs only)
- Princess Terrace Pub & Restaurant – for an all-in-one pub and karaoke. Loads of fun on the riverside
Incoming search terms:
- KrungThonburi BTS
- krung thon buri station
- KrungThonburi BTS bangkok
- bts krung thon
- krong thon buri river taxi
- Krung Thonburi Skytrain Station to Westin Grande Sukhumvit Bangkok
- krung thornbury
- thon buri to patpong